Your Burning Questions Answered
- Arrive to class early or on time. If you are more than 10 minutes late to class you will not be permitted to attend. If there is another class in session, you may stretch in the back of the mat, but please be respectful and quiet.
- Bow when you enter and leave the mats.
- Support your academy by wearing Tokyo Joe’s/ Team Link Gi’s and patches.
- Do not leave the mats without excusing yourself to your instructor.
- Come to class wearing a clean and hygienic Gi, showered, and wearing deodorant.
- Keep fingernails and toenails short and clean to prevent injury.
- Do not come to class if you are sick or have a skin disease.
- Do not walk on the mats with shoes and do not walk outside or in the bathroom barefoot and return to the mats.
- No gum, candy, or drinks on the mats.
- Always shake your opponent’s hand before and after sparring/rolling.
- Always ask questions, this is how we learn!
- No jewelry is to be worn while exercising.
- When training with a lower ranked partner, train to their ability.
- Always sanitize and put away borrowed gear and help maintain a clean school.
- Students are not to misuse the knowledge they have learned.
Temporary Schedule Changes:
- Class times have been minimized and rescheduled.
- All Kids Karate classes are Open Age to spread out attendance.
- Online ZOOM classes are available! Please ask for details.
- Schedule is subject to change.
Arriving to Class:
- DO NOT come to the school if you are sick or don’t feel well.
- Class curriculums will be adjusted to maintain social distancing of 6 feet in all programs by markings on the floor.
- Arrive dressed to workout if possible.
- It is recommended to wear a mask when not engaged in exercise.
- Sanitize as you come in, throughout training, and when you leave.
- Parents, if you would like to wait outside during class, you can watch class via ZOOM meeting- ask for details!
- Please clean every piece of equipment you use and do not share unsanitized equipment.
Additional Safety Protocols:
- After class, please exit in a timely manner to allow staff time to properly disinfect mats and common areas in between use.
- Sanitizer/disinfecting stations will be available throughout the gym.
- Please do not congregate in common areas.
- Kids Playroom is closed until further notice.